Archive for August 2015
My latest at Seeking Alpha discusses the uber-competitive food delivery space. It is a classic horror story? Who will survive in the end?
- GrubHub is facing tremendous competitive pressure from savvy new entrants.
- If the SF Bay Area is any indication, each market will be its own brutal battleground.
- Recent operational missteps will compound GrubHub’s growth woes.
- The biggest risk is GrubHub becoming a footnote – like Myspace or AltaVista.
Read the whole thing: GrubHub Competitors
I posted a new article to Seeking Alpha yesterday.
- Alphabet provides transparency, focus, accountability and autonomy for the new CEOs.
- Google’s Alphabet corporate re-brand is no Netflix / Qwikster debacle.
- Expect that “what gets measured, gets managed” from a finance and strategy standpoint.
Disclosure: I am long GOOG.